Advocating for Equality in Legislation
For years AiW has worked with non-governmental organizations, youth, and civil society to advocate for policy and legislative reform. One example is our work to end child marriage and marital rape, and to abolish the abhorrent “marry your rapist” law. AiW also advocates for women’s nationality and civil laws granting equality in marriage, divorce, child custody, and inheritance.
In our LAU community, we are equally committed to ensuring gender equality and women’s empowerment. We initiated Title IX compliance in the university and continue to support its expansion in order to foster a community of inclusion, respect, diversity, and equality.
- Annual Regional Training: Laure Moghaizel
- Equality for Everyone
- Revising Islamic Family Laws: A transnational social movement approach
- Elections Toolkit
- Islamic Feminism and Arab Family Laws
- المرأة والعمل في لبنان
- المرأة في التشريع اللبناني
- المرأة في الاسلام
- Women and Work in Lebanon
- Identification and Elimination of Sex Stereotypes in and from School Textbooks: Some Suggestions for Action in the Arab World
- حماية القاصرات من الزواج المبكر: الواقع والمرتجى
- Living with the Shadows of the Past