About the Award
The Mary Turner Lane award was established by Dr. Mary Ellen Lane in honor of her late mother, Mary Turner Lane, who founded the women’s studies program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
In addition to championing women’s studies at UNC, Mary Turner Lane was interested in Arab women and served in Cairo as a consultant to the Egyptian Ministry of Education from 1978-81.
The purpose of this award is to generate awareness about The Arab Institute for Women at the Lebanese American University and the importance of conducting research in the field of gender and women studies.
- Dr. Fadi Nassar, Assistant Professor, School of Arts and Sciences – Social & Education Sciences (SES) Department – Political Science Program, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon
- Dr. Yasmine Nashabe Taan, Associate Professor/Director of the Institute of Art in the Arab World (IAAW), School of Architecture and Design – Art & Design Department – Graphic Design Program, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon
- Ms. Nermine Mufti, Senior Instructor, School of Arts and Sciences – Communication, Arts & Languages (CAL) Department – English Program, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon
Check out below the links to previous events.
- 2022-2023 Mary Turner Lane Award (28/04/2023)
- 2018-2019 Mary Turner Lane Award (13/09/2019)
- 2018-2019 Mary Turner Lane Award (03/06/2019)
- 2016 Mary Turner Lane Award (13/10/2016)
- 2015 Mary Turner Lane Award (30/06/2015)
- 2014 Mary Turner Lane Award (05/06/2014)
- 2013 Mary Turner Lane Award (21/05/2013)
- 2012 Mary Turner Lane Award (21/11/2012)