Engaging Women in Peace & Security
Research worldwide reveals that the biggest predictor of peace and prosperity in a country is not the state of its government or its economy – it is how the country treats its women.
There is no possibility for peace or for security in the Arab region without women.
AiW works closely with UN ESCWA, government bodies, and civil society to advance the Women, Peace, and Security agenda. We produce research, organize international conferences, and build coalitions to fulfil our promises to women. Inclusive and sustainable peace can only be built by using a feminist approach. This includes women’s full ownership, leadership, and decision-making in every aspect of the process.
AiW also strategically partners with Lebanon’s security sector, leading law enforcement trainings that integrate gender perspectives. We give members tools for preventing gender-based violence and push for gender equity in the industry itself.
- Project: “Reconstructing the Stories of Unsung Heroines”
- Capacity Building for Law Enforcement Personnel on Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response
- Capacity Building for Law Enforcement Personnel in Lebanon on Human Rights
- التعامل مع الماضي، ذكرياتٌ من أجلِ المُستقبل - إحياءُ قصص بطلاتٍ غيرِ مُكرَّمات
- Dealing with the Past, Memories for the Future – Reconstructing the Stories of Unsung Heroines
- Islamic Feminism and Arab Family Laws
- برنامج التعليم والتدريب على مناهضة العنف القائم على اساس الجنس او الوضع الاجتماعي في المؤسسات الأمنية
- تعزيز قدرات قوى الأمن الداخلي في مجال حقوق الإنسان
- Beirut Call for Action Prioritizing: Women, Peace and Security on the Arab agenda