June 2018 Update
Summer is upon us, and yet June never seems to rest!
- A Food4Thought, on “Gender and Drugs”, in collaboration with Skoun and the Department of Social Sciences at LAU. The discussion focused on health care services, support, and education services for women who use drugs in Lebanon. The event took place at LAU Byblos campus.
- Managing Gender-Based Violence in Emergencies Phase II In-Person Training (MGBViE), in collaboration with International Medical Corps . The training was also attended by IWSAW staff, Joanna Fayad and Moufeeda Haidar.
We participated in:
- TEDxLAU. This year’s main event theme is ‘Winds of Change’. AiW had a notable presence through having a booth talking about AiW’s work, and the right for every girl to decide freely emphasizing on the SheDecides movement.
- Soins Infirmiers et Development Communataire (SIDC) closing ceremony of the project “Supporting Women Who Are Engaged in Sex for Money”, funded by Baladi CAP through USAID Lebanon.
- Meeting held by Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering (RDFL) in the presence of the coalition to protect children from early marriage. The meeting entailed a discussion about the general political atmosphere after the elections, in addition to future steps to be taken in moving forward in the proposed law to limit the age of marriage to 18 years old and to protect girls from Gender-Based Violence.
AiW was visited by the ambassador of Norway Lene Lind